Search your favourite celebrity on STx89:

Out & About:Cassie + Ryan Leslie interview about Cassie


Here is a picture of RNB singer Cassie in New York this week, She is soooooo beautiful!

Ryan Leslie did a interview with The Ant & Mike Show, 2 guys who run a blog. In it, he talked about Cassie's album and why he picked her for NS:

Mike: What drew you to Cassie? What made you select her as the artist to launch your record label?
Ryan: I would say this; Next Selection was launched and continues to be representation by the artistry of myself. I saw Cassie as a vessel, as an accessible, magnetic, and charismatic vessel, to drive people to the music I was creating. Our first studio session showed that the chemistry that we had was magical. The response to those records online showed that the music we were making, with her as a vessel performing that music, was viral, impactful and influential. There were legions of people responding to this music and for me, I respond to the response of people. The way they responded to Cassie, it was clear that was a project I need to pursue and that was exactly what I did.

Ant: How will the new Cassie project differ from the first album?
Ryan: The first project was really her absorbing, from a musical standpoint, what was my influence. On this record she has taken it upon herself to grow as an artist. She worked with a lot of producers. The names of which reads like a “Who’s Who” of the music industry – Eric Hudson, Kanye West, Swizz Beats, Chauncey & LV, Bryan Michael Cox, 7 Aurilus, Jim Jonsin, Rodney Jerkins. So, she definitely has spread her wings as an artist. You will expect to hear a lot more from her as an artist. The first album was really all me. So this one is her. She played a huge role in the selection of songs and a huge role in the execution of this album. So it will be interesting to see how people respond.

0 Comments:

Your Ad Here