Search your favourite celebrity on STx89:

Questions and Answers with Mia Rose


Mia Rose aka Miaarose on YouTube recently did a interview for Portugese magazine Caras, one of her fans on Almost-famous.us translated the interview into english, its quite intresting.. explains why Mia isnt in the US anymore signed to Universal Records or being managed by Tommy Mottola,

Interviewer: Does it bothers you that you are known as 'the girl of the internet'?
Mia : It is so different of being known by a concert... I am one of the first of this generation of artists that started on the internet, therefore, this can also be considered as a honor.
Interviewer: Have your life moved since then?
Mia : It moved since the first month. Everything was drastic and very fast. Two weeks later, I already was in the United States, where I lived alone six months, and was signed to a contract. Now I know that this type of things can happen.
Interviewer: These six months in the United States must have been a very different experience
Mia : That's right. The publishing company gave me money to live there and during this time to record the album. I recorded some songs and later they had asked me to come back to Portugal. I waited for them to contact me, but we had differents opinions. I wanted to make a type of true music, similar to me, and they wanted me to be more hip-hop. I explained them that I could not be that kind of musician and that it was better to leave the contract and start over independent. Now, I'm managed by the Cherry Entertainment.


Interviewer: Did you think that the record (with nextselection) would disappoint the people who have followed you trough net?
Mia :Yes, by the way, this was one of the reasons that I left. The record had nothing to see with the Mia Rose who touches her guitar in the room, in front of the camara. What I actually intended is to use my music, composed by me, and that I already recorded for You Tube, and some new songs and put them all on a CD.
Interviewer: You also recently had some singing lessons?
Mia : [laughs] That's true. Now I learned that I must breathe through the diaphragm and not through the nose. I also had guitar lessons (don't understand it here...). I am a perfectionist and I feel that this is very important. When I arrived in the U.S.A., they only wanted me to recorded fast, they didn't worried if I had singing lessons or guitar lessons. They wanted me to be a star. My true concern is to be an artist, not a star.


Interviewer: Are you prepared for the public exposition that this work can bring?
Mia : I know that this is not an easy life, but I only think about the fact that my music can touch the life of somebody. It is a risk but I am prepared to live.
Interviewer : You said that your desire is only to sing and not to become famous…
Mia : I want to be more recognized as a singer, as a writer of good music than as somebody that is famous. For me, this all has nothing to see with fame, it is all about the music.

Interviewer : You are writing music for your new album. Where do you get your inspiration?
Mia : In everything. I can write on my personal life, a friend, a hug, a rainy day. I feel inspired by any thing.
Interviewer: You left your studies to be dedicated to music. Did your parents accepted this decision?
Mia : I was studying Journalism and English Literature and I left of to be dedicated to music, but it does not mean that I will not come back to my studies in another height of my life. My parents support me in everything, but my mother was a little more relutant.

Interviewer: Do the people already recognize you on street?
Mia : Yes. [shy] They sometimes recognize me. But the funniest thing was when people recognized me in the end of Colbie Caillats concert and they had asked me if I was Mia Rose and had started to scream, pressuring me against the wall. I finished to sign tickets of Colbie Caillat, singing and taking photographs with the fans. [laughs]
Interviewer : Are you intimidated with this type of events?
Mia : Much. Although it is not visible, I am very shy and ashamed. But I have an alter-ego. When it happened to be standing for that group (of Colbie Caillat's concert), I was in shock, but later the feeling was confidential. (dont know if confidential is the good word for it :p)

Interviewer : You are already one year with Lourenço Ortigão. How did you met him?
Mia : It was during the time I worked in the restaurant of my father, three years ago, to acquire some experience. It was supper there and since then we were friends.When I came back definitively to Portugal, we started to love eachother.
Interviewer : Is he the person who stimulates you the most?
- Without a doubt Lourenço helps me immensly. He always says to fight for this dream,

0 Comments:

Your Ad Here